2 replies to this topic

#1 YellowstoneMo

YellowstoneMo

Advanced Member

• YTA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

I figured out the well-hidden "secret" method of getting notifications for posts and replies. I'll walk you through it.

1. go to forum home page, click the VIEW NEW CONTENT button, just under the gold map, then pick a topic.

2. click on that topic, and when it opens, notice on top right of that page there is a button that says Follow This Topic.

3. click that to get notifications. You have to open each topic that you want to follow and click that button to get notified.

Then, go that box with the little man up there at the top of the home page next to your sign-in name. Under Notifications - Options click what methods of notification you want. I have every single E-MAIL box checked (!!!). Not sure which ones I need, but it always notifies me by email of anything new.

Evidently those only tell it HOW to notify, not to actually DO IT. Make sure you click on Follow This Topic too.

It works. Seems complicated, but that's the way it is.

#2 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPuget Sound area, Washington

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

Mark,

Great....and useful information.  I assume the notification is via e-mail.

Since i already get enough e-mail to choke a horse, I just "View New Content"  I can set the interval for what is new (last 24 hours, last week, etc) in the panel on the left that pops up, and I have any new post highlighted, along with who provided the post.  When I visit the post, the highlight disappears.  If I don't visit, it remains highlighted.

Dave

#3 YellowstoneMo

YellowstoneMo

Advanced Member

• YTA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

Thanks Dave. I re-wrote my post to include your advice and to make it a bit easier to follow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Statistics