#1 lance

lance

Advanced Member

• YTA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHector, Minnesota

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Is anything going on in Hudson in June? I have not seen anything yet. With the busy summer I have to fill my calendar early. 

#2 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPuget Sound area, Washington

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

Ah Hudson, Wisconsin...how often I too have wondered what was happening in Hudson.:).....it sounds like a lovely place. What happens in Hudson??  It is on a river....that is always interesting!

My summer schedule is filling quickly as well with important events and exciting happenings and as they say, “Act now before it is too late!!”   Let's learn about the Harbinger of Hudson Happenings, pray tell!

On the web, I see hot air balloons in snow. What's with that? :)

Dave

#3 lance

lance

Advanced Member

• YTA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHector, Minnesota

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

Why didn't i just wait for the new Arrow to come out? Here it is....

*Saturday June 7th & Sunday June 8th, 2014 - Hudson, Wisconsin is having its 5th Annual Yellowstone Trail Heritage Days celebrating the 102nd
 Anniversary of the founding of the YT. There will be a Vintage and Classic Car Show, “Slow Race”, and “Explore the Trail” sociability auto tour on 
Saturday, along with many other local events. More at

#4 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPuget Sound area, Washington

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

Lance,

When I did read the Arrow today, I was rewarded with the report you cite.  Sounds great.  I spent 11 years in a town about the size of Hudson, and enjoyed every minute!  Celebrations like Heritage Days brought out the whole community, and what a joy it was to greet old friends and make new ones.Fond recollections!!  Lucky You!!

If I were anywhere near I would be there!!

Dave

#5 YellowstoneMo

YellowstoneMo

Advanced Member

• YTA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

We try to have announcements about all YT related events in the Arrow. We even subscribe to a Google News notification service that emails us of anything in the news that has "Yellowstone Trail" in it. Oh sure, we get a knitting club announcement or YT Conference softball score once in a while that doesn't go in the Arrow, but it's all good.

Past Arrows are posted on our website at http://www.yellowsto...hoose_arrow.htm

I hope that folks would also let us know of events so we can help promote them.

#6 YellowstoneMo

YellowstoneMo

Advanced Member

• YTA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

The Hudson event is in it's 5th year and going strong! It is the best YT event I know of and has a lot of neat stuff for families. The car show is located on the "causeway" which was the Wisconsin side's approach to the 1915 toll bridge that crossed the St. Croix River. The bridge itself is gone but the causeway must be at least 1/2 mile long and features a lot of the original YT pavement and bridge abutments. Here's some pics from the first event dedicating signs for the historic route through town.

Attached Images

• 100_0433.JPG
  • 100_0437.JPG
  • 100_0440.JPG
  • 100_0451.JPG

#7 YellowstoneMo

YellowstoneMo

Advanced Member

• YTA Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

Did anyone attend this event? How about posting something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Statistics